In This Guide...
These are the major tools for USF researchers seeking law review and journal articles on legal topics they are researching.
For more information about the features, pros and cons of each tool, see the Tips, Advice, and Comparisons section of this guide.
For specific search techniques, see the downloadable "cheat sheets" below.
(For non-legal articles see Gleeson Library's Start Your Research page.)
These PDF "cheat sheets" give specific search tips and techniques for the major tools for finding articles about legal topics.
- Hein Online's Law Journal Library "Cheat Sheet"
- Index to Legal Periodicals & Books "Cheat Sheet"
- LegalTrac on the Web "Cheat Sheet"
- Finding Articles on LexisNexis Academic "Cheat Sheet"
- Legal Resource Index on Westlaw "Cheat Sheet"
- Current Index to Legal Periodicals (CILP) on Westlaw Classic "Cheat Sheet"
- Current Index to Legal Periodicals (CILP) on WestlawNext "Cheat Sheet"
- Index to Foreign Legal Periodicals "Cheat Sheet"